Birchwood Park

 
4Prop Research
Dec 31, 2009 eye icon67

1998 MEPC acquires the 74 acre Birchwood Technology Park from UKAEA.2003 Design work begins to create Bridgewater Place, the new £30 million office scheme.2007 major landscaping project.2008 over 1.1 million sq ft to be developedIt is now home to over 145 companies, with a cafe, 500 seat restaurant, 103 bed hotel, health club, nursery and conference facilities.From 1939 until its closure in 1945 the site at Birchwood near Warrington was developed and used by the Royal Ordnance Filling Factory as part of its 1300 acre site where shells and bombs were filled and assembled. During the period 1946 until 1961 part of the site was used by the Admiralty as main storage depot for the north of England. The balance of the site was developed by the United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority (UKAEA) for research and development in the nuclear energy industry.