Development to Buy
Shebbear, Beaworthy, EX21
• Freehold development land for sale at £1.5 million
• 3.3 acres (1.34 hectares) of residential development land with outline planning
permission for 30 dwellings (30% to be affordable)
• Planning application number 1/0973/2016/OUT subject to S.106 on the Torridge District Council website https://www.torridge.gov.uk/plans
• Popular village location of Shebbear with a range of local amenities including two
schools, pub, church, village shop, post office, B&Bs and village hall
• Approximately 17 miles from the A30 main road, 13.5 miles from Bideford, 22 miles from Barnstaple, 40 miles from Exeter and 53 miles from Exeter Airport
The residential development land with outline planning permission comprises gently sloping grassland and extends approximately 3.3 acres (1.34 hectares). Outline planning permission for 30 residential dwellings (30% affordable) was granted by Torridge District Council on 27 July 2018 under planning application number 1/0973/2018/OUT.
Location The land is situated just off the main square in the centre of Shebbear. The village of Shebbear offers a range of local amenities including a pub, church, village shop, post office, B&Bs and village hall. There are two schools, one community primary school and Shebbear College, an independent day and boarding school for ages 3 to 18. The land is approximately 13.5 miles from Bideford, 22 miles from Barnstaple, 40 miles from Exeter and 53 miles from Exeter Airport. The A30, the main road which connects Devon and Cornwall, is 17 miles away and Dartmoor National Park is approximately 18 miles away. In 2019 Shebbear had an estimated population of 724.